Monday, October 24, 2011

Menu Mondays

Monday: Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
  • I make this sauce following Reg927's alterations
Tuesday: Meatloaf w/ Veggies
  • I haven't tried this recipe, but it's making my mouth water!

Wednesday: Chicken Pot Pie
  • My hubby loves pie crust and the boxed crust is way too thin, so I use this quick and easy recipe for a thick flaky crust:
    • 4 c flour
    • 1 1/2 tsp salt
    • 2 c butter
    • 2 egg
    • 4 Tbsp cold water
    • 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1. Whisk together flour and salt
    2. Mix in butter with a fork until small pea sized balls form
    3. Whisk together egg, water, and apple cider vinegar
    4. Mix with flour mixture until just blended
    5. Divide into two
    6. Roll out dough on floured surface
Thursday: Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce & Veggies

Friday: Cheeseburgers w/ Sweet Potato Fries

  • I like add Worcestershire sauce and grated Parmesan cheese to seasoned ground turkey for my burgers
  • Add barbeque sauce instead of ketchup
  • Top with lettuce and tomato
  • Serve on whole wheat buns
  • AMAZING!
Saturday: I have a full day this Saturday and won't be home to cook

No comments:

Post a Comment