Sunday, October 23, 2011

Product Review: Covergirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm

One of the things I love about couponing is that it gives me the ability to try new products for free or cheap. I used some coupons I had this month to get some Covergirl products free. I got eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss. Two of the glosses I got were NatureLuxe Gloss Balms from Covergirl's new NatureLuxe line.

What I liked:
  • The gloss went on very smooth and my lips felt nice and soft.
  • It wasn't sticky or heavy
  • The color (Clove #280) looked great on me. It was a perfect everyday shade.
What I didn't like:
  • This gloss rubs off very easily. It's not a long wear gloss, so I guess this is to be expected
  • After the color rubbed off my lips felt very dry.
The verdict:
  • This is not a product I would purchase again. I prefer long wear lip color that I don't have to keep reapplying. I also hated how this gloss dried out my lips. I generally do not use lip balm because they tend to be drying. Watch this segment on the Dr. Oz Show to see why. With that said, if you like lip balms this might be a great product for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment